Birmingham Childrens Trust logo NHS logo BCC Local Offer logo

We're here for you

Our aim is for all children and young people with a Special Educational Need or Disability (SEND) across Birmingham to get the help they need early, and as easily as possible.

Below you will find more information on the wide range of services that are available to support all areas of your child or young person's life.  This includes support with education, physical and mental health, social care, leisure activities and moving towards independence and adulthood. 

Areas for advice and help.



Returning to School Information and Advice about Covid-19

Find out what advice and help is available from the Birmingham specialist support services during the Covid-19 crisis and how to access that support.  

Parents and Carers

Find out about our Parent Carer Services, different types of Special Educational Needs, how we identify and assess needs and specialist services available in Birmingham to support children and young people.

Children and Young People

Find out about our Youth Forum, who they are and the work they are doing and how we can improve Special Educational Needs and Disabilities support for children and young people across Birmingham.


Home to School Transport

Find out about different types of support available for children or young people who need extra support travelling from home to school. This includes information about who can get support and how to apply.


Education: Specialist Support and Provision

Find out about different types of schools and settings and how they can support children and young people with a Special Educational Need or Disability.  Find out about our locality teams, who they are and how they work.



Find out about the support available from health services for both physical and mental health, including speech and language therapy, occupational health, mental Health and wellbeing.


Care and Support

Find out about the support you can receive from the social care services. This includes information about short breaks, social care needs assessments and how to access local social care services.



Find out about different types of leisure activities, outside of the educational settings, that are available in Birmingham for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.

Money Matters

Find out about the types of funding available to support children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, their families and the school or setting they attend and how to apply for it.



Find out about preparing for adulthood throughout a child or young person's educational journey, including the transition from children's to adult support services and long term support. 


   If you feel that your child has Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities and may need additional help, you may find it helpful in the first instance to talk your GP, health visitor, child's teacher or to the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo) at your child's nursery, playgroup, school or college.



Have your say.

We are working on making this site better and we want to hear from you. We have designed some questions to help get your views and comments. Please take time to complete this feedback form; we value your comments.


Do you have a question?

Check out our FAQs page that will show you all the general questions parents, carers and young people ask.

Check out out Terminology Guide to find out definitions of key words used on this website.


Need further information? 

If you need further information, or would like the information about Birmingham's Local Offer without accessing the website then please contact the SEND Parent Link Team on 0121 303 8461 

or email them at:

Helpful documents

You can find all the documents that you may need to apply for different types of support here.

Find a document.

Fancy document image

SEND Guide [PDF version]

SEND Guide [Word version]

Do you have a question?

Check out our FAQs page

Check out our Terminology Guide